Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bogged Down with Cranberry Sauce....

During the festive season, I received a bottle of Crabtree and Evelyn Cranberry Sauce with Orange. Well, I'm not a "cooking" person, i.e. I don't really like to fry, steam, poach, etc.; but I like to bake! Strange huh....

As the sauce approaches its use-by date, I'm hard-pressed to find ways to use it in baking. Hence, I trawled the internet to look for ideas and found the following ideas/had the following inspiration:

I'm inclined to try the Cranberry Upside-down Muffins, any of the cupcake ideas and the Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake. I may even mix in the cranberry sauce into my muffin/cupcake batter and correspondingly reduce other liquids. Once done, I will share with you the results.

If you wish to have ideas on using cranberry sauce other than in baking, you may check out this site: http://www.musicbizadvice.com/15_ways_to_use_leftover_homemade_cranberry_sauce.htm. You could also check out Ocean Spray's recipe database for more ideas.

Do you have other ideas?? Please feel free to suggest....


No comments: